What was to become Joyful Christian Ministries Inc. started with women's Jubilee conferences and an audiotape ministry in 1977. Due to the tremendous response of women to the Bible-based practical teaching found in these Jubilees, Joyful Woman magazine was begun in 1978.
A hallmark of this women's ministry is the emphasis of studying and applying the Word of God, learning to pray, evangelizing in a wise and caring way, living a life of purity, being active in a Bible believing church, loving and serving others, and building godly homes. Our ministry is based on the Titus 2:4, 5 principle of the spiritually mature women teaching the younger women. In 1985 Joyful Christian Ministries received full recognition by the IRS as a not-for-profit organization. All gifts to JCMI are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Now in its third decade, JCMI is well structured to respond to the opportunities to reach women with the timeless message of faith and hope through Jesus Christ. An active board of directors who meet bi-annually, and serve significant roles as committee members governs the ministry. An advisory board of Christian men and women who are lawyers, missionaries, mission administrators, pastors, and others who provide counsel and expertise also strengthens JCMI.
From its small beginnings in 1977, JCMI now touches the lives of women in all 50 states and 34 foreign countries. JCMI does not seek to take the place of the local church, but to assist in evangelizing and encouraging women through Bible studies, women's seminars, marriage conferences, books, tapes, and CDs. Although we discontinued Joyful Woman magazine in 2002, we began sending out our newsletter, Joyful Living, and continue to post articles written by our staff and board to our website. JCMI particularly strengthens women in smaller churches without staff or programs geared to women's needs. It reaches unchurched women as well as churched.
Our mission statement is "To encourage, equip and empower believers to Joyful Biblical living through Christ."
1. We believe that the Scripture is the verbally inspired Word of God, the only infallible basis for doctrine and practice.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His Virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His glorious return from Heaven.
4. We believe in the person and deity of the Holy Spirit who convicts and regenerates the unbeliever and indwells and fills the believer.
5. We believe that salvation is solely by grace through faith apart from human works or merit.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the believer into everlasting life and the unbeliever into everlasting condemnation.
7. We believe in the unity and fellowship of all true believers in Christ.
Kathy Stutts, Co-President
Eman Kiswani, Co-President
Carrye Martin Burr
Joy Martin, Executive Director
Marilou Lyons, Treasurer
Dr. and Mrs. David Bouler
Mrs. Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth